Macelleria

Italian. Decent Prices. Badly Prepared Food. Uninterested Service. Relaxed Decor. My wife and I took a friend here for brunch and quickly regretted it. It began with the Maitre D' seating us then a waiter rushed by to say that we couldn't sit there. They argued for a minute and we were allowed to sit at the table. Our waiter didn't seem happy about losing his argument and was very gruff with us. When the meals arrived we were very unhappy. My burger which I had asked to be cooked medium came to me still alive. What makes that odd is that the name of the restaurant, Macelleria, means butcher shop in Italian. You would think they know how to make a burger. My wife ordered a dish called 'Sicilian Toast' or what my wife would call italian bread with grease. Dreadful. The decor was nice enough but not enough to placate the poor service and below average food.

Located at:

48 Gansevoort Street (at Greenwich Street)
New York, NY 10014

Phone: 212-741-2555

Website : macelleriarestaurant.com

Comments